Search Engine Optimization (SEO) works with a multitude of different tools and software in order to make the job easier and succeed at it. The best SEO software has a lot of different tools integrated into it already. More often, you would have to use different SEO tools for different tasks.
Fortunately, software developers have created applications and tools for everything that you need to do. If you need to build links, there is an app for that. If you need to analyze those links, there is also a tool for that. You could find these tools by simply doing your internet research and you will be surprised to find that many of them are free. But if you really want to get the best, you might want to shell out a few dollars per application. Reading SEO software reviews can greatly help in looking for the perfect tools.
The most important tools you would need to improve your site performance can be grouped into six different categories. They are the following:
Link building is the process of putting links from other websites to your own website. This is one of the most common strategies that is used when it comes to search engine optimization. Link building is important because it helps search engines improve the ranking of your website in the search engine results pages. Here are more healthy benefits of using link building tools.
Link building tools can help you automate the process of link building. Link building requires you to prospect the links that you want associated with your site. This process can be arduous and time consuming. With the use of the link building tool, the links will be prioritized depending on relevance and importance.
In addition to link building tools, here are some strategies to help you get other sites to link to your site:
- You have to create a compelling and unique content. Your content should be something that other people will want to read and be associated with. Don’t put in duplicate content because that will only make your rankings suffer.
- You should submit your news articles to press release sites and you should also submit your website to directories. Share your article, make it go viral and you will find people linking to your site for sure.
- Have famous bloggers or writers mention your site or product. These famous people already have a lot of following and if you are recommended by them then, that would be a great thing for your brand.
- If you have no connection to famous people and bloggers, you could start with your friends and family. Get them to share you work with the use of social media.
Analysis of Backlinks
If there are tools for link building, there are also tools to check those links. Backlinks analysis tools are good for checking the incoming links of a specific page. It also helps in evaluating the quality of that link. Another great thing about this SEO tool is that it can also analyze the link building strategy that your competitors are using. In turn, you could use those strategies to improve your ranking.
The best SEO software will have a backlinks analysis tool. And here are some of the elements that must be tested for a thorough analysis:
- The total number of backlinks should be analyzed. It is not good for a webpage to have too much links, likewise too little will also be a bad thing; although, the number of links on a page has no bearing on the page’s strength and ranking.
- The number of linked domains. The link domain can be a better metric than the number of links. This is since if there are multiple links coming from the same website, it might contribute to the demise of the site. According to AJ Kohn, a specialist in SEO with 10 years of experience, one link coming from a thousand different sites is infinitely better than a thousand links coming from one site.
- Anchor text. You should look at the variance and usage of the anchor text when you are analyzing it. You will be able to tell how a website is performing based on the linked anchor text. Do a quick research on a search engine of the linked anchor text and it will show if the link is optimized or not.
- Fresh links. New or incoming links are important because you will be able to know about most recent SEO strategies. You would also be aware if your site is being used for questionable back linking strategies.
Research of Keywords
Before the development of keywords research tool, finding keywords was a manual process. Nowadays, even keyword research can already be done by an SEO software. But there are still software that are made solely to search for keywords.
Keywords are not only necessary for SEO management, it can also be used in other marketing strategies like pay per click marketing. If you don’t have the right tool for keyword search, you can still do it manually. Here is an article for some tips in choosing the right keywords for ad.
Keyword search tools can find you a keyword that you can use for your content. But you should still assess the keywords for their value. Keywords should be of high quality to ensure that your SEO efforts are not wasted. Here is the basic process to know the value of your keywords:
- Pick a keyword that is relevant to your product. Imagine yourself searching for what you are selling. Are the words you are typing in the search box come close to your keywords? If not, you are doing poorly already on the relevance of the keywords to your site.
- Search for your keywords and phrases using a popular search engine. If you can see your site ranking high on major search engines, then your keywords are high quality. This will also give you an insight on how the competitors are doing with the same keywords and phrases.
- Buy traffic. If after the search you did above, you’re still not ranking high in the search results, you could try buying a sample campaign from search engines. The sample campaign will tell you how well the keyword converts.
- After the data above has all been gathered, you could solve for the value of each of your keywords. The formula is profit/conversion. The answer would be the value for your keyword. But there are other factors that might affect this formula, these are ranking of your keyword, impression rate and the number of people who visited your site.
Search engine optimization is not all about the front end of your site. For a fully optimized website you also have to take care of the back end of your website. This would include the servers, applications used and the database. Without the back end, the front end or the user interface will not function properly if not missing. Udacity can tell you more about the differences between the back end and the front end of a website. Most SEO platforms have no tools for a website’s back end. But read SEO software reviews and you might still find a tool that includes the back end as its function.
The technical SEO tools are in charge of sweeping your site to check for inconsistencies. It would look at all the links, pages, meta descriptions and status codes. When the results are out, the best technical SEO tool will give you a detailed and comprehensive report on what you can do with your site to be effective. There are times that a checklist can be provided to know what you have finished doing and what you still need to do.
Tracking of Ranks
The ultimate goal of SEO software is to get you conversions and profits. The short term goal is to get you to the top ranks in the search engine results page. If after a long time, you still haven’t met this goal, you might be doing these eight common SEO mistakes that leads to poor ranking. Getting a rank tracking tool will help you keep track of where your links are in the results pages. Knowing where you are standing in the search results is an important thing because it tells you if you need to improve more on your SEO campaign, or you can already step back and let the SEO software do most of the work.
Optimization of Content
Content optimization is a big factor in doing search engine optimization. Sometimes, it gets difficult to come up with fresh and effective content daily. But this is necessary if you want to keep your site relevant to the world. Luckily, there are already tools that will help you come up with new ideas to write about and make sure that all your content are fully optimized before they are put online. This ultimate guide to creating linkable content will also help you create optimizable content.
The tools mentioned above come in free and paid. Depending on your budget, you could get free stuff from different vendors or you could also pay a minimum amount to get an all-out performing application.
Looking for an SEO software to help you improve your site performance? Check out what others are saying at CrowdReviews.com.
Latest posts by Floyd Oleary (see all)
- Applicant Tracking Software: What to Look for When Buying This Tool - January 13, 2017
- Legal Case Management Software: What Products Are for Small Firms? - January 12, 2017
- Learn How Auto Dealer Software Manages Inventory and Financing - January 11, 2017