What was the best part about dealing with Localytics?
While the name suggests that it is a local analytics tool, it is much more. Among one of the most promising tools, Localytics is quickly capturing interest through its aggressive content marketing and lead generation methods. We used Localytics to measure engagement and content consumption, by a device, by app type. It was being used to measure what was performing well with the app and used it to guide insights into what should be improved or worked upon. Some of the things that Localytics helps you track are Sessions/ Events, Retention, Attribution, Web Analytics, Funnels, LTV and User CRM.
What is Localytics good at?
1. Localytics is simple to use just like Flurry. It also can be used by non-tech people. In our company BAs used to use Localytics. The visualization tools are also easy to grasp and learn.
2. The implementation is not very different from any other analytics tool. You have to find an SDK, plonk it and then report events.
3. Localytics now also comes with a publisher platform where app providers can use the advertisements it provides or create their own to reach their users.
4. Localytics also allows you to send push messages to your users directly from the Analytics tool itself.
5. The help and support of Localytics team is also great.
What would you change about your experience with Localytics?
1. While Localytics is good at reporting and visualizations, it does not do a very good job at correlations. When you are mixing and matching the data, this can be slightly less than optimal.
2. When you can do three different steps and get data to Excel, why not just allow it in the first place through an easy to use interface?
3. In addition, there could be greater support for generating reports automatically and sending those reports via email.
4. For beginner teams, it can be tricky to test at the API/ debugging layer as the data is a bit jumbled when making calls to the server.
Localytics a is a great analytics and marketing tool. It is a 2-in-1 tool and is great for publisher's apps. It does a great job of measuring content consumption and engagement. Localytics is a great investment for money - it is not expensive and yet does a fantastic job. Recommended!