Each of us is a trademark and the personal branding is the process by which we market ourselves to others. The major advantage between now and a decade ago is the rise of social technologies that have made a mark not only more personal, but within reach. The difference is the exposure true: there is no hiding place – the opinions of others are visible to all online – so transparency and authenticity are the means to survive and thrive in this new digital realm.
Social media has leveled the playing field and allow us to achieve incredible results by utilizing its potential.
# 1 Discover the brand
The biggest mistake you can make is to create your brand just to do it, and without wasting time figuring out how to act in your best interests. The key to success, and it is not a revolutionary revelation, it is to follow your passion.
To find out if you have discovered your brand, you need to do this equation: Your self-impression = how people perceive you.
# 2. Create the brand
Assuming that you are sure about what you want to do and have selected your niche, it’s time to do it online. The Personal Branding Toolkit is a set of materials to be used to highlight and share your brand by enabling people to understand it. The main materials are to be realized:
1. Business card: Everyone should have their own card, it must contain the image of the personal brand, contact information and company logo (on the web businesscard2.com and mydropcard.com are an important support to easily create your business card ).
2. Resume, cover letter and references: Documents are required to look for work or to offer your performance. Be sure to provide all the necessary information from the person to whom you speak. Upload your updated resume online and add all of your social profiles, it will promote the brand in the world.
3. Portfolio: A portfolio on CD, web or printed is a great way to show the work done, figdig.com and carbonmade.com social networks are attractive for people who want to show their creative skills to the world.
4. Blog / Website: You need to get a website that aligns with your name – “yourname.com.”It would be better to create a blog that has a structure stronger than the static site because the more linked by the search engines, adapted interfaces for different areas of interest and easily upgradeable. The best thing is – you don’t even need help from a professional web designer. You can get designed an elegant website with online builder tools and build a website for free. Site123 has created an easy-to-use system with ready-made styles, layouts, structures, color schemes and more, and leading the user in a path that generates a great result, One that he could never achieve by himself. Just put up your quality focused content and the tool will take care of all the rest things resulting in a pure responsive and SEO friendly website.
5. Profile LinkedIn: LinkedIn profile is a combination of your professional bio, work experiences, cover letter, portfolio, references and a database in movement and life on the network.
6. Facebook: More than 160 million people have a Facebook profile, but almost none of them announced themselves properly on this medium. Be sure to include a profile picture where only you, no obscene gestures or bottles of vodka. In addition, please fill in your work experience and personal profile, in the privacy options disabled the ability to tag you in photos and videos, create your image and you keep it true, without external interference.
7. Profile Twitter: Your Twitter profile should have a common avatar to the picture used on Facebook and LinkedIn profile. You must use a separate fund, fill in your profile and include links to other social profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Blog …).
8. Wardrobe: Personal style is extremely important to emerge. Choose the clothes that best represent you, because it will be visible through the pictures online, representative in the meeting with people takes place live.
9. E-mail: This e-mail address is an important part of your toolkit. Most people use e-mail on all networks, and when you connect with someone on a social network, the user is informed via “mail online.” The e-mail is a great opportunity for your brand, you should use “firstname.lastname @ gmail.com”. Gmail, because of the acceptance of Google and GTalk, allows closer relations with others.
Latest posts by Shyam Bhardwaj (see all)
- The Art of Content Strategy: Embracing Usability of Your Site - September 26, 2017
- 6 Easy Steps To Build an Ineradicable Brand - May 17, 2017
- Top 5 Ways to Save When Starting a Small Business - May 9, 2017