There are a lot of ways and innovative resources available for the marketers these days that are nothing short of incredible. However, deciding and choosing where to invest your marketing money is not a decision you should take lightly.
What you expect in a marketing service is to attract new customers and to keep the existing ones coming back. You cannot afford to invest both of your time and money in something that will not fulfill the expected results.
Of all the marketing services available, email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase the revenue of your business while keeping in touch with your customers. However, it also takes time and a lot of effort to create an effective email campaign, thus, you may need some help from email marketing service providers.
Before choosing an email marketing service, it is important to know everything about email marketing and how to choose the right one that can deliver the projected results.
What is Email Marketing and What can it do?
Email marketing is a cost-effective way and solution for businesses to have the power to reach their customers in the place where most people visit every day, their inbox. There are many benefits and uses of email marketing. With email marketing, you can turn a marketing communication piece in just a few hours.
Marketers of this day need to do more with less. They need to connect with customers and audience effectively while staying on a budget, and email marketing has a larger reach. According to Radicati, there is a total of 3.9 billion email accounts worldwide in 2013, and it is projected to reach about 4.9 billion accounts in 2017. Email has become the currency of the web. So when it comes to connecting with clients, there is no wider channel than email.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Why is email marketing better than the traditional forms of marketing? Why does it give returns of investment and customer engagement better than other marketing techniques? Why should you invest your time and resources in making an email marketing program? This list of benefits in using email marketing will help you answer these questions.
- Reduced Time and Effort. In traditional marketing communication techniques like postal mailings and telesales campaign, you put too much time and effort in designing and printing of mails and sale scripts. However, with email marketing, you can just do all these things in a few hours. An effective email marketing can be done using recurring email templates, the only things you need to do is approve the copy of the email and change the graphics, choose whom to send to and just hit send. A week’s work can be accomplished in just a few hours and just by a single employee.
- Produce Real-time Messages. Since you can complete your marketing email in just a few hours, you can send day-of messages to reduce stock and promote a limited time special as possible. You can even send real-time messages that can arrive in your customer’s birthday or anniversary. Using email marketing, the short time frame is one of your benefits.
- Personalize Messages. Traditional marketing such as mail campaigns, telesales and even radio and television marketing campaigns are done in a format that is mostly one-size-fits-all. However, in email marketing, you are presented with dynamic opportunities. With email marketing, you can easily speak to your clients in a very personalized and intimate way.
- Information Spreading. In this modern day, there are more people who read their emails than their postal mails. Email has become the preferred communication channel. According to Marketing Sherpa, 91 percent of US adults like to receive promotional emails from the company they do business with. Sending emails with your offers and information only takes seconds and many users can receive it. That would mean that your marketing effort has gained a wider reach.
- More Frequent Communications. Since email marketing takes lesser time to create than another type of marketing campaigns, you can communicate with your clients and customers more frequently. Instead of just being able to send your customers catalogs every month or quarterly, you can easily send them your offer every week.
- Reduce Overhead Costs. Email marketing can be done with just the lowest overhead cost possible. You don’t need a lot of people to do your marketing campaign. No need for a ton of employees and designers. You don’t even have to spend for the printing, phone lines, and mailing costs. There is no another marketing channel where you can spend less to achieve greater returns than in email marketing.
Email Marketing Service
Email marketing is offered as software-as-a-service or SaaS from different vendors. This software provides you with all possible tools you need to create and send email marketing campaigns. Once you have created your message with the use of their templates, design tools, and contact-management solutions, it will send out the messages for you.
The software also features various type of analytics that can monitor what is happening with your emails to help determine your success in your campaign. This will also help you in improving your campaigns in the future.
Why Use an Email Marketing Service
While email marketing is much easier than any traditional marketing strategies, this is not something that you can do all by yourself, at least not entirely. You cannot just send promotional emails from your own email account to the emails of your customers, this can be dangerous with your business. This is where you need the help of email marketing service providers.
If you use your own email account in mass marketing your messages, you put your own IP address at the risk of being blacklisted by the Internet Service Providers. This will happen if you get flagged as a spam. This will mean that your way of communication will get a harder time reaching your customers. This is not something you want to experience, and thus, email service providers make sure this doesn’t happen by having things like spam filter checks to help you avoid being reported as spam.
Using an email marketing service providers helps you and your customers in subscription management. If new clients want to subscribe to your lists, they don’t have to send you an email, or if they want to unsubscribe. With an email service provider, clients can easily subscribe and unsubscribe without any manual data input.
An email service provider has the ability to tell you the number of people who opened your account. This will help you know how successful your email campaign is and this is not something you can get through sending marketing campaigns through your personal email account.
Email marketing service providers can also help you decide what email subject line will be most effective. They have split test, which is the scientific way of finding out the way to improve your campaigns. Using these providers, you don’t need to rely on your guesswork to have improved results.
What to Look for in an Email Marketing Service
There are a lot of email marketing services available, and there are lists and reviews you can find in CrowdReviews.com. Knowing the features you need will narrow down that many lists.
Email marketing services are not created equal, but choosing the one for you doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Choosing the right service for you can be easier when you know which functions to look for.
If you want your customers to read the content of your email, you have to remember that the first impression counts. So, when choosing an email marketing software, you have to consider its visual styling capabilities. This may include photo built-in editing and pre-designed templates.
One of the best features in an email service provider is its analytics and reports. Your chosen software should be able to give you a detailed overview of how your campaign is doing. Also, choose a software that can provide you insights on delivery rates to know which links or buttons are visited in your emails. This information will help you improve your results through time.
Email and social media marketing go together so you may want to choose a provider that can help you with both. Look for a provider that makes it easy to share your email on social media. Also, you want your emails to still look sharp even on the mobile phone. You may also want a service that also makes mobile marketing a priority.
With all these features in your email management service, there will come a time that you will have some questions. What better way is to choose a provider that has an excellent support team to help you with your questions and concerns in the future?
An email management service with all the amazing features you can possibly need to create an effective email campaign is no use if it is not user-friendly. You don’t need a software that you cannot use to its full potential. More than anything, choose an email service provider that will be easy for you to use.
If you want to know whether or not email marketing software is suitable for your needs, visit CrowdReviews.com and read our email marketing services reviews.
Latest posts by Tom Lewis (see all)
- How Can the Best Nonprofit Software Benefit Your Organization? - January 13, 2017
- Why Is It Crucial to Choose the Best Database Management Software? - January 12, 2017
- What Is the Right Enterprise Resource Management for Your Business? - January 10, 2017