Managing a company’s resources which are deployed anywhere outside the premises of the company property is now made easy with the help of field service management software. This software product is built to modernize field service management (FSM) as it provides functionalities that streamline the way tasks are treated by automating processes like work order, scheduling to dispatching, and tasks designation to make the work flow seamlessly.
As you automate data gathering and centralize operational data entries in real-time, traditional paper-based field management processes that are usually inaccurate are eliminated. The inaccuracy is because of manual entry of details such as travel logs, job-related status and customer related concerns, which can result in inefficiency and profit loss.
An effective field service management software will be of great help for you as a tool that will manage your company’s resources efficiently in whichever field you may be – be it in telecommunications and cable, healthcare, gas utility, industrial, property maintenance, or Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry.
This software product is also full of other solutions that are designed to help you manage distant field operations directly from your office or anywhere you are. It also guarantees increased productivity rate and better customer relationship management (CRM). There is a long list of features that FMS have, but here are some of the vital ones you would generally need:
- Task designation. Based on the job order, this software can identify the skills needed in a certain job and track the right personnel with the right tools and materials and can get faster on the site. It is also capable of creating qualification, dispatch, and assignment of field service groups based on their location and readiness to do specific field services tasks.
- Tracking of resources. Tracking your resources in the field is easier and more precise as you now have a bird’s eye view of their current location. You can see exactly where your personnel and equipment are while they are out there in the field with the help of Global Positioning System (GPS) or any other tracking software installed on their devices that can pinpoint their exact location and are linked to your servers. That way, you’ll know if they’ve been really doing their jobs the right way without wasting any time.
- Work status forecasting. With the help of this software, you will be able to require your personnel to give the details that you want or need to know by timely forecasting report of their work status. This way, you can now keep track of the progress on an ongoing field project as well as information about the performance of the personnel and crew you sent on site. You will also be able to know if you have enough manpower, the right tools and materials to facilitate work thus allowing the management team to make plans and decisions if necessary to get the job done.
- Customer feedback. On-site customer engagements are now also easier to manage as they can give direct feedback on the performance and status of work through customer/client portal. This can give you a further view of the performance of your personnel as clients can give you an update of what exactly is the development of the project and give their opinion on what is going on. At the same time, the management team can also engage customers with feedbacks that are based on the assessment of reports both from personnel and customers. All these can make so much impact towards customer satisfaction.
What are the New Industry Trends?
Understanding the current industry trends that go around a specific FSM feature or aspect of implementation is important as it will help you pick the right solution that is more helpful and efficient. Below are some of the popular industry trends:
- Field service is generally a mobile industry and usually, a certain agent is physically present on site to finish a work order or an asset pick-up. Apparently, the right solution that will guarantee outstanding service is through a technology that is made and intended to travel. So instead of re-entering data at the office, most of the field service agents work from smartphones and tablets to update job statuses at work as well as automatically issuing bills and invoices using a mobile printer. Some FMS are even capable of obtaining electronic signatures using mobile devices.
- Software-as-Service (SaaS): In the advent of the SaaS platform, pricing models have made FSM more convenient even for smaller service companies, giving them the opportunity to compete with larger companies. Examples of these are window cleaners, landscapers or plumbing and HVAC technicians, where instead of paying for a more expensive software license and structure for on-premise solutions, businesses may opt to pay monthly subscription fees to access web-based FSM software. This way, they are capable of having greater mobility as the system will be easily accessed using any device via the internet.
- Integration with back-end systems. It is understood that field service is a people-oriented type of industry as agents work directly with customers. They are tasked to personally deliver a solution like installation, maintenance and repair of a broken equipment, which is a very convenient method of delivering quality service to your customers. Without your agents’ access to the required information, accounts and back-end systems that are used to manage orders and inventories, they will only be able to perform a mediocre job, therefore leaving your customers unsatisfied with the services that your agents have provided.
These are some reasons why many companies are now adopting solutions with built-in access to other core systems like customer relationship management (CRM), inventory, and accounting. With better integration, field agents can deliver true end-to-end service. Click here to read more about customer relationship management software.
Benefits and Uses of FSM Software
According to TechnologyAdvice.com, a whopping 47 percent increase in jobs completed was observed in companies who have started to employ FSM software. This shows a concrete improvement in job efficiency. The following are some of the beneficial functionalities of FMS software that will greatly contribute to the success of your company:
- An FSM is capable of automating activities happening outside your company’s office. With its dynamic planning and scheduling features, you are provided with the ability to adapt with whatever changes that may occur within the day. This prevents wasting time and money and inefficient service.
- Resource optimization. With FSM software, the assignment of routing field agents is highly optimized. This is vital in your business as this can straight up affect profit increase. This software also helps in the selection of agents through skill sets, certifications, union work classifications, proximity, time commitments, overtime, contracted service levels, penalties for noncompliance and other important factors, which is rather tedious when done manually.
- Coordination. When using FSM software, the management of complete field service lifecycle to include equipment, work orders, labor, service parts, warranties, returns, contracts and projects are effectively simplified.
- Efficiency. When agents are deployed or dispatched to a certain job, using FSM software allows you to send tasks to their mobile devices together with information regarding the best route to take going to the job site, required tools and spare parts, service history, appropriate warranties and contracts. Basically, this includes every single thing that is required to be able to provide outstanding customer service.
While the work is being carried out, assigned tasks may be checked off on the mobile device, which keeps planners and managers updated regarding the current status of the job being done. The service agents may also enter service notes, diagnostics, test results, quality information, used parts and labor completed on their mobile device.
Field service management software has already become a necessity for companies that provide field services as customers have already grown accustomed to availing of instant technical support from their providers. With the help FSM software, your ability to deliver fast and efficient solutions through mobile agents will make a significant impact in your business as well as to the way you deliver your services.
To give more tips in choosing the right field service management software, read this article and product reviews at CrowdReviews.com.
Latest posts by Floyd Oleary (see all)
- Applicant Tracking Software: What to Look for When Buying This Tool - January 13, 2017
- Legal Case Management Software: What Products Are for Small Firms? - January 12, 2017
- Learn How Auto Dealer Software Manages Inventory and Financing - January 11, 2017