Idea of Cloud computing isn’t new in the world of digital market. Cloud computing proffers a way through which you will be able to access a number of different applications like utilities, through the Internet. This advanced procedure lets us configure, create as well as tailor applications online. In fact cloud can only be found at remote site.
There are mainly two working models of cloud computing. Deployment model is one of them defining type of access to the cloud like public, private, hybrid and community. Another model, known as service model, defines different means of usage of cloud like Information, Platform and Software as a Service. (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) As most of the companies are moving to cloud these days by using its different models, it is essential to keep track of massive amount of data stored in it and use the best security features available till date to keep it away from intruders.
Brief introduction to Cloud Security
As we understand the higher potential and demand of cloud computing, we must know that it is a service basically associated with a remote access and manipulation of data. So one must understand security importance of cloud, or basically data stored in it. Failing in case of cloud security might lead to loss of business or no use of potential benefits of cloud computing. It is must to have a clear understanding of future security advantages and threats related to cloud computing service models like IaaS, PaaS& SaaS, because the models come up with different security related needs and responsibilities.
Cloud and Data Security Guidance:
Number of security risks associated with cloud computing includes loss of governance, responsibility ambiguity, isolation failure, compliance and legal risk, etc. As customers moves their application and/or data to cloud, it is difficult for them to maintain the level of security available in traditional IT environment. Following are the steps one should ensure as a customer to evaluate and manage the security of their cloud services:
- It is necessary to make sure that the effectiveness of methods applied for security reasons is up to the mark.
- Make sure that the operations carried out during the process or business, are liable enough.
- All people having access to the data or working with its security should be checked along with their identity and a
- continuous watch should be kept on them
- All the privacy and security policy for cloud and data should be enforced strictly and a watch should be kept.
- The provision for security should be assessed and checked
- Ensure that encryption and decryption process is not hindered by spams.
- To handle the terms regarding security in the given agreement.
- To understand the need of encryption at the end.
Thus, cyber security is the basis requirement of data and cloud as their security is the most talked in the town topic of 2017 and even the past years. In this era data is meant to be kept confidential.