In this blog article, Magento developers will explain the significance of data structures and how these are critical to SEO management and client shopping experience. You can read this post further and share with your contacts.
While development and design for your Magento 2 store are both highly important your data structures are just as important.
Data structures are vital to SEO management and ultimately your customers shopping experience.
When you shop at a grocery store there are clear signs that direct people to the product which ultimately leads your customers to a sale. The signs at the aisles give you a general idea of what types of products are in that aisle. From there you will see signage that narrows things down typically for usage.
A perfect example are cleaning products. The overhead aisle signage will say cleaning products and the sign in the aisle will say dishwasher cleaning supplies. Once you are there you can scan the area with your eyes until you see Finish brand dishwasher tablets. The same goes for your store. Your stores address bar to find the same products would look like the URL below.
This URL structure identifies that “cleaning-products” is the parent category and “dishwasher-cleaning-supplies” is its child. Under these two categories you will find your product.
As a developer you will find this structure easy to navigate in the backend. Your customers will find it easy to navigate on the front end. Most importantly Google and Bing will love it. Think of them as you personal shoppers.
In Magento 2 you will need to do a couple things to set these URLs and get this part of your SEO in order.
SEO catalog configuration
In your Magento 2 backend go to Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Search Engine Optimization.
Once there you will see the following selections fields; Popular Search Terms, Product URL Suffix, Category URL suffix, Use Categories Path for product URLs, Create Permanent Redirect, for URLs if URL key change, Page Title Separator, Use Canonical Link Meta Tag for Categories, and Use Canonical Link Meta Tag for Products.
Here is what each of them mean:
- Popular Search Terms: Set this to Yes. Search terms will appear on the front end when called.
- Product URL Suffix: The suffix .HTML is added to the end of your product URLs.
- Category URL Suffix: The suffix .HTML is added to the end of your category URLs.
- Use Categories Path for Product URLs: Set this to Yes. This is the best thing you can do for your store.
- Create Permanent Redirect for URLs if URL Key Changed: Creates a redirect via the URL Rewrites’ module in Magento 2 if the URL is changed. This is very important.
- Page Title Separator: Separates the page titles on the frontend of your store.Google reads these.
- Use Canonical Link Meta Tag For Categories: Search engines manages duplicate content this way.
- Use Canonical Link Meta Tag For Products: Same as before. Now just for products.
Structuring your products like you would see in a grocery store will make your site successful. Make it easy for your customers and they will make it easier for you.
As they are working in a reputed Magento Web development company, magento developers have made efforts to make you understand how much data structures are important and how they affect the SEO management. Still, if there is anything that left unclear, write to the experts and get the response.
Latest posts by James Warner (see all)
- Unlock The Next Level Of Cloud and Data Security In 2017 - July 18, 2017
- 5 tricks for better java performance - July 6, 2017
- Who wins the battle between Amazon Lightsail vs. Digitalocean? - June 12, 2017