Marketing automation software is very effective however if you are afraid of using it because of the things you hear about it, then it’s not going to work. We’ve done some research to find out if the myths you hear about it is actually fact or fiction. This article talks about some myths of marketing automation software demystified just for you.
What Is Marketing Automation?
Many businesses brush off getting a marketing automation tool because they don’t know how it works. They might hear the bad things about marketing automation without really knowing the real story. They might be afraid of using it, thinking it’s not going to help in their business.
Marketing automation is a strategy that helps businesses nurture their leads by using customized, relevant content and make them into customers. You need a lot of patience to see its results because you need to continually analyze and change your strategy to become more successful. Just remember that even if you have a plan the top marketing automation tools, if you’re not going to take any action to do something about the data you have and the prospective leads generated, the software will not work for you.
Myth 1: Marketing Automation Is Only Used for Email.
The myth: Many people think that Marketing Automation is only good for email marketing.
The truth: Marketing Automation uses a lot of resources aside from emails. The reason why marketing automation uses a lot of emails is because it is an effective way of reaching out to customers. An email marketing automation tool focuses on email but can also do the following tasks:
- Lead management for capturing, nurturing and scoring
- Tracks your website visitors
- Develops your landing pages
- Data reporting, metrics and analysis
- Centralized sales and marketing database
- Management tasks
Some even have integration for CRM (Customer Relationship Management), dynamic website content, revenue reporting and multiple channel campaign management.
As mentioned earlier, marketing automation can develop landing pages to get customer data and use it for future campaigns. You can introduce social media platforms like Facebook and embed your lead generation forms. The best thing about marketing automation is the ease of tracking and nurturing your leads in all channels.
Myth 2: Marketing Automation Is Only Used for Spam.
The myth: Just like the myth that marketing automation is only used for email, so is marketing automation is only used for spam.
The truth: Internet spam are unsolicited messages that are randomly sent to people. They normally are in the form of commercial advertising and force them to pay for something. More often than not, spam are get rich-quick tactics or malicious emails that target individuals with the intention to steal money or track down personal information.
In order to remove the notion that marketing automation software is just electronic spam, you need to personalize your emails. Did you know that by personalizing your messages increase your click-through chances by 14% and your conversions by roughly 10%? This was conducted by a research in Aberdeen.
Aside from personalization, you can guide your customers and provide them information about your company. You’ll be able to find out more about what they need and what they want. By correctly influencing your customers that your content is not spam, your customers will be able to have fun knowing what your company can offer and at the same time have a great customer experience.
Myth 3: Marketing Automation Is Impersonal and Your Employees Act Like Robots.
The myth: They say that marketing automation gives customers the feeling of no personal connection, impersonal and heartless.
The truth: Marketing automation can be impersonal when it’s not properly managed. Just like myth 2, the best way to scratch off this notion is by sending your customers the right message at the right time.
If done correctly, you’ll be able to find out your customers behavior and find out what they’re looking for in your company. And if you are able to create content based on the information you gathered from them, it would have a bigger impact for them later on. You need to take the time to understand your customers and individualizing your content. The best marketing automation software responds to your customers promptly and provides an interactive environment with them.
Myth 4: Marketing Automation Can’t Be Used by My Company Because It’s Too Expensive and Needs Lot of Work.
The myth: Small companies does not consider marketing automation because of their budget. They think that it’s only used for large companies.
The truth: More and more software are designed for small and medium-sized companies today, with various rates and fees to choose from. You just need to find out which specific features you need for your company and choose one that meets your company’s goals. Using the software is an investment but it reaps rewards in the future.
Marketing automation does not need to have technical savvy employees working on it. It is not that complex. Now, it’s easier to use marketing automation because of its easy to use interface and tutorials. Anyone with little technical knowledge and skills can use marketing automation with minimal training.
Myth 5: Marketing Automation Forgets About Their Customers After a While.
The myth: It’s very easy to launch a marketing automation campaign but once done, it leaves customers not knowing what to do next.
The truth: It’s true that marketing automation campaigns are easy to launch. However, you need to do work before it becomes successful. Constant monitoring of your customers and follow-ups should be done in order to keep your customers engaged with your business. You can’t have the software work to its maximum potential without you doing work as well.
Using the software is only a guide to help you achieve your company’s goals. It acts as a supplement for your sales and marketing strategies and needs your attention to be able to work efficiently. You use the software to gather information about your leads and customers. You can also analyze your past campaigns and improve your weaknesses on your future campaigns.
Finding out what your next strategies are for your next campaign is very helpful if you have this software. And if you want to know what software is right for you, you can read CrowdReviews.com’s reviews of marketing automation software.
Since you’ve already know that these are myths of the software, the next thing you need to do is to perform the best practices for your marketing automation tools. Here are the ways to utilize your software:
- Campaigns are more effective when it’s personalized. It’s a great way to understand about your leads and customers more by finding out what are their needs, likes and wants. Aside from sending personalized emails, you can also enhance the user experience using textual or visual call to action for users who visit your website or a free e-book when certain content is downloaded or explored.
- Lead segmentation. If you have a number of products and services, it’s best to categorize your leads depending on their preferences. Your customers may be annoyed if they get emails or notifications from you that they don’t need. It’s best to segment your customers in order to provide them more personalized content and giving them information that’s important to them.
- Lead scoring. Lead scoring helps your sales and marketing team to get ready for what stage your customer should be in. By lead scoring, you’ll be able to see how much effort and guidance you need with leads and whether or not it’s time for them to become customers before it’s too late. Successful lead scoring can increase your qualified leads up to 129% or a 28% improvement in successful leads overall.
- Workflow management. You can use workflow management to monitor and set up a series of tasks that you can do for your leads and customers. You’ll be able to create a list of your customers’ personas so that you’ll be able to individually determine their preferences and needs.
To begin executing the best practices for marketing automation in your business, check out CrowdReviews.com’s reviews of marketing automation software and select the software that’s right for you.
Again, marketing Automation is a great method of showing potential leads through your products and services and convert them into existing customers. You can use them for the following:
- Lead nurturing
- Lead generation
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Management activities
- Metrics and analytics
Don’t believe in everything that you hear about marketing automation. Marketing automation can help you generate new leads and increase your profits. Since we found out the truth in some marketing automation myths, why not try it out for your business? You can find the most helpful marketing automation software reviews in CrowdReviews.com. These will help you decide on the right software for your business.
Latest posts by John Tovar (see all)
- What Is Catalog Management Software and How It Helps Your Business - January 5, 2017
- What Are the Top Features of the Best Medical Billing Software? - January 4, 2017
- How the Best Hotel Management Software Will Improve Your Business - January 3, 2017