Social media is now considered as an efficient way for your sales team to generate more traffic and gather more leads. Having the right social media management software can greatly influence your business presence on all social media platforms. But what kind of social media management do you need? This article talks about the five most common types that it has.
What Is Social Media Management?
Social media management is how you manage your social media accounts. It helps business to engage with their users and collaborate with one another especially if there is a large volume of social media channels to work on. It’s a time-consuming process as you have to make sure you monitor, track, manage, and converse with users of your social media accounts.
Now that we know what social media management is, then, what is social media management software? The software provides easier management in your online interactions, whether or not it’s used for incoming or outbound interactions. Not only that, it also helps with other marketing and sales activities by streamlining and combining your social media accounts.
Why Do You Need It?
The ability to know what people think about their company or business is one of the major reasons why using social media management software is used by many businesses today. Additionally, it also boosts your social media presence by creating brand awareness and integrates all of your social-networking activities.
Other benefits of social media management software include the following:
- The ability to drive Internet traffic using the company website.
- The ability to promote brand awareness to your company. This includes having a great logo design or a memorable slogan. You also have to consider how your website looks like, its user interface, and navigation.
- The ability to communicate with your users or followers. Social media allows both users and companies to talk to each other in a quick and easy way without any boundaries. The goal of most companies is to provide a positive engagement with their users to improve their reputation.
- The ability to utilize SEO. Social media also has the capability to search, making it similar to how a search engine works. The only difference is that you don’t need to use algorithms or exert a lot of effort for people to discover you.
- The ability to interact using a mobile smartphone device. Nowadays, social media is accessed by the use of smartphones globally. Most of the social media activity is now done via mobile, making it easier for you to manage it, as long as it has an internet connection.
Using social media management helps improve your sales and marketing campaigns because it’s easier for you to determine the campaign’s performance. Using the results found in the analysis, it will help predict the success of your social media management efforts. To have a successful social media management, you should at least do these four things:
- Set your social media goals.
- Establish a regular social media pattern or schedule.
- Increase your website traffic using your social media sites.
- Monitor, analyze, and report the traffic found on social media sites.
What Are the Types of Social Media Management?
All software types of social media management have the ability to analyze social media interactions and manage the accounts. They also provide analytics to determine the success of their sales or marketing campaigns. There are many types of this software, but we’ll just focus on the top 5 types. Let’s talk about them one by one.
Type 1: Social Media Monitoring
This type of social media uses a monitoring tool to “listen” what your users say about you. It discovers the number of times your brand was mentioned, tracks down competitors, and compares what users has to say about you and your competitors. Using this type of software helps you understand your customers’ expectations about your products and services and monitor your employees’ sentiment about the company. Most of the features of this kind of software include the following:
- Vast channel coverage
- Boolean keyword searches
- Competitive analysis
- Sentiment analysis
- Ability to sort out spam (not the food kind)
Basically, this software finds out what people think about your company, the products and services you offer, your competitors, and everything that is included in your industry. All of these are needed information to know more about your customers and modify your marketing strategies to fit your customers’ needs. Examples of this software are Hootsuite, Google Alerts, and Mention. You can check a more comprehensive list by reading the top social media management software by CrowdReviews.com.
Type 2: Social Media Publishing
This type of social media management software used different social media platforms to communicate with its users. They provide useful and relevant content on a regular basis. It provides “feeds” that users can benefit from. Examples of this software are WordPress, Hubspot Social Inbox, and SproutSocial. Most of the features of this kind of software include the following:
- Content libraries
- Content optimization
- Content scheduling and planning
- Content suggestion search engine
- Compliance management
- Ability to determine and target customer demographics and more
- Workflow management
Type 3: Social Media Engagement
This type of social media encourages activity and responsiveness with its users. They would promote certain activities that will make the users respond to the request. Users engage with social media when they can like, share, comment, and click on pictures or link. It creates excellent customer services because users know that you are there when they need it. Examples of this software are TalkWalker, Tweet Jukebox, and Nimble. Most of the features of this kind of software include the following:
- Automates bulk actions
- Stores customer activity
- Automates prioritization and routing.
Type 4: Social Media Marketing
This type of social media helps in the process of increasing your website traffic and attract attention using social media. This type is very beneficial to those in the marketing team and is highly recommended. Examples of this software are CrowdBooster, SocialBro, and Tailwind. If you are interested in this kind of software, read CrowdReviews.com’s social media management software reviews. Most of the features of this kind of software include the following:
- Customer profiling
- Find out new leads and conversion
- Provide influencers and supporters that can motivate the company’s product and services
- Organizes and optimizes social media paid posts in different platforms
- Creates campaigns for brand awareness, mostly done for free. Examples are quizzes, contests, and raffles.
Type 5: Social Media Analytics
This type of social media uses analytics to assess their social activities and improve on it. Examples of this software are SocialFlow, AgoraPulse, and BrandWatch. Most of the features of this kind of software include the following:
- Capability to analyze and measure return on investment
- Capability to analyze the efficiency of campaigns
- Ability to track the success and create a progress report
If you are going to use social media management tools, you must need to focus on four things. The first is how you engage your customers, especially if there are many different ways to do that. Likes, shares, and comments are the most popular ones to engage customers. The second thing you need to focus on is your brand awareness reach. Find out how far your company stands out with your competitors. The third thing to focus is leads. You need to discover them on a daily basis. Lastly, we have conversions where you convert your leads into customers.
This list is not comprehensive; it only lists the 5 most common types of software for social media management. Other types may include social media advertising, social media sign-in, and the like. The good thing about this software is that a lot of them can be integrated with other social media management types. You can use them all or just use a specific one. Be innovative and try them all until you find one that suits your company.
You’ll know if your social media management strategy is effective if it captivates your audience and let them stay in your company. An effective one is unique and offers something interactive and fantastic to users. Always take note of the following:
- Get software that can focus on your target market.
- Get software that knows how to reach your target market, whether it’s via interactive surveys or contests, and ability to share pictures or provide relevant article content.
- Get software that is unique and stands out from its competitors. It should attract many users.
More often than not, using one of the top social media management software has all of these things, so check them out and see if it works for your company.
Now that you know the five types, all you need to do is choose the best one for your business. Each has its own pros and cons, offering unique features, but it all boils down to what you need for your company. So what do you do next? The first thing you need to do is to read CrowdReviews.com’s Social Media Management Software Reviews to help you choose and get started right away.
Latest posts by Leonard Worthy (see all)
- What Aspect of Insurance Agency Software Works Best? - January 15, 2017
- What Is Time Tracking Software and How Does it Work? - January 13, 2017
- Tips on How to Choose and Compare the Best Auto Dealer Software - January 12, 2017