The idea of a digital workplace is an entire 360 degree shift from what we accustomed to in the past decades. To begin, a digital workplace works in an invisible network using virtual working spaces. In the absence of most physical elements, what remain are individuals who are informed, driven, empowered and highly competitive, which benefit from the convenience and speed of technology.
When we hear about the word “digital”, what usually come into our minds are technology based devices like smartphones, computers, wearables, or robots. A digital workplace, on the other hand, is actually ingrained deep with virtual processes, advanced mindset, non physical tools and innovative solutions. Digital workplaces adhere to collaborative working environments, where processes are integrated with each other, and systems are centralized. It is not exclusivity, but veering away from traditional isolated work functions by bringing all business aspects under a single platform.
A bonafide digital workplace consists of these five essential elements:
- Access Devices
The arrival of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets has revolutionized the way employees work. These have become helpful in being more productive regardless of where they are. The business benefit from it also when it comes to engaging with their customers through a more aggressive, content packed and creative marketing campaigns that utilize the mobile technology. Access to these personal devices brought businesses to a customer-centric approach with their methods, which are more aligned with its customer’s needs.
- Communications Facility
Strong connectivity is one of the backbones of a digital workplace. One must invest on either on an infrastructure itself, or in getting a reliable connectivity provider. This way, a business can ensure that communication networks and business applications are running smoothly within the business and its associates.
- Business Applications
Business applications are tools which promote efficiency and productivity in a digital workplace. It enables collaboration among employees, which open doors for interaction, information sharing and learning. Business applications are becoming increasingly important in securing the availability and accessibility of processes, regardless of distance or certain limiting situations. There is also better visibility in knowing the status of business performance through real time analysis. Customer data are also gathered effectively, which are also processed and utilized the same.
- Workplace Telecommunication Tools
Technology based tools are clearly influencing employees’ productivity, performance and motivation in the workplace. It also makes effective communicators that have a better understanding of customer needs and how to respond accurately and in a timely manner. Management systems are positively enforced by using effective communication tools like the email.
- Digital Security
Migration of important business data into the cloud, as well as processes and systems operating in web based environments brought about a huge concern about digital security. A business which operates in a digital workplace should be responsible enough to adopt strong digital security measures as one of its top priorities. It doesn’t only enable a secured peer-to-peer processes to ensue, but an agile business to establish.
But in exchange with these exhilarating definitions and elements of a digital workplace, is that loss of boundaries concerning life and work. Challenges arising from too much connectivity, stress and pressure from work, security, competition, data boom and management dilemmas are some of the pressing concerns that we deal with a digital workplace.
What Is Email Management?
The email is a timeless communication tool that continues to be effective in mobilizing effective communication and marketing systems for most businesses nowadays. Despite of the popularity ramp where the social media sites are in, emails remain stable with its place as the most preferred and effective communication medium in the business world. Through newer technologies, emails have become automated and utilized in other platforms like in mobile devices, which made it more accessible and convenient to use. Its simplicity of use, and the formality in business engagements it implies aren’t outdated yet.
Since the world has gone digital, businesses are starting to flock down the use of digital technologies in the workplaces and in their deployed campaigns. From then on, customers became more comfortable communicating electronically, and emails have started to pile up.
Email management is a systematic approach to organizing and processing incoming emails in the business. This is done in order to maximize the potential in communicating with emails, by making effective and timely responses.
An email management system is also capable of gathering customer data which is a source of valuable information intended for better understanding of customer behavior and preferences, which can translate to higher sales and more loyal customers.
In addition, an email management system also deploys email tracking tools, which are valuable in making effective marketing campaigns. An email read receipt software, as it is sometimes called, speak for itself – it sends a read receipt alert to the sender if the email has been “clicked on” or read, or if the attachments included are already downloaded. These reports can be translated into metrics, which can measure the effectiveness of the purpose of sending the email in the first place.
Email management actually starts with basic, and mostly personal ways of organizing business emails. Email management is essential in building a more productive lifestyle in the workplace. Here are some tips in getting a better email management experience:
- Make emails a part of your dynamic, omni channel communication and marketing strategy.
- Initiate the sending of emails, and include your customers in the loop by deploying email marketing campaigns and email newsletters.
- Manage your emails and streamline the process using email management tools.
- Answer emails appropriately and accurately
- Conduct trainings for communicating properly and appropriately for your employees.
- Constantly monitor, measure and optimize your system and employee performance over email usage.
- Plan your communication channel accordingly.
- Include a Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) page in your website. This way, the emails you receive will be minimized to more specific or critical inquiries and concerns.
- Classify and group emails according to purpose.
Email Management Software Benefits
Email management in an enterprise context is something that should be taken more seriously than with the simpler approach in personal business emails. A traditional email server is ineffective to implement in larger scale business, which receives large volumes of emails. Usually, these businesses have its own internal department that handles customer service inquiries. A more intrusive and comprehensive organization and processing tool should be used in order to continue being effective despite of volume and time concerns.
An email management software hosts a dynamic set of productivity and efficiency features in managing emails in an enterprise setting. This allows managers to be intelligent in proactive in creating more effective solutions in email management. An inbox management software organizes incoming emails into designated folders for better access. The best email tracking software monitors deployed emails and return reports which are useful in enabling a more effective response system to customers.
The following are some of the benefits that enterprise customer service can enjoy from using an email management software:
- Email management tools automatically route incoming emails to its designated folders, according to a defined set of criteria and filter tuning. This allows specific groups dedicated to the subject of concern to respond effectively according to their skill sets.
- An email management software can be integrated with the business’ electronic document management system, to allow emails to enter its central repository for analysis. Arising from this are reports which can verify the most common customer queries and concerns, so that customer representatives can make predefined responses, and reuse them accordingly for faster email processing.
- An email management software can standardize the look and feel of all outgoing email responses by predefining layouts or creating templates.
- Email management tools can also implement incident tracking; wherein the software can intelligently categorize emails related to a specific incident, and collate them to be viewed as a single unit. This can enforce better personalization of responses and interaction with customers.
- Email management tools can make real time analysis and reports out of customer interactions, which can help in making rapid action over problems as they arise, or as it currently happens.
- Email management software users have the ability to store and retrieve customer interaction or message histories, to provide a more accurate response to follow ups or to similar concerns.
- An email management software enables the email server to be accessed from any standard browser, which can bypass location or situational challenges and deliver above superior email response performance and management.
- Email management tools provide a collaborative working environment wherein customer service workers can openly discuss insights, concerns, and makes optimized solutions for unique situational issues they encounter. This also increases member accountability of his or her own performance as part of a team.
Professional approach in business doesn’t just entail years of experience or lengthy exposures to crisis in order to make. Through the help of business management tools, one can expertly commence professionalism in handling the most challenging situations in business management.
Need more convincing? Read reviews of email tracking software and email management tools on CrowdReviews.
Latest posts by Keith Moore (see all)
- What Is the Best PoS Software and How to Choose It? - January 12, 2017
- What Does Database Management Software Do for Small Businesses? - January 9, 2017
- What Are the Distinct Features of the Top App Development Software? - January 8, 2017