Business Intelligence refers to analyzing data and providing information to its users to help them make a right decision. It gives a full report of the performance and efficiency of the business. However, knowing such information is a bit tricky, especially if you have to do it manually. Thankfully, there are business intelligence software applications that help you in analyzing and consolidating piles of information.
Nowadays, getting the best business intelligence software is easy. You don’t need to go anywhere as you can get these items online. However, there are a few things that you need to know before you buy this software. This article will discuss how to rank different BI tools and the various kinds of this software.
Ways of Ranking BI Tools
There are different ways to rank BI tools. It depends on the review, engagement, and sentiment strength of the product. Let’s discuss them a little bit further.
- Review Strength – As the name suggests, this type of ranking based its strength on product reviews. They rank the product according to the number of reviews it received, the rating of the product, the reviewer quality, and so on.
- Engagement Strength – If the first method ranks the BI software according to reviews, this system monitors how business intelligence software companies engage with their clients. In other words, it measures the satisfaction of their customers.
- Sentiment Strength – This method measures the website and the brand metrics. For the website metrics, it checks the quantity and quality of links to know the strength of the site of the company. As for the brand metrics, it measures the number of times that the product appears on news articles, social media, and so on.
Different Categories of Business Intelligence Software
Business Intelligence has four categories: reporting, analysis, monitoring, and prediction. Reporting concentrates on producing and giving reports. This tool covers a particular time span determined by the user and presents information regarding the company’s activities.
Next is the analysis software. In this category, the tool lets you look at why certain things happened. It’s a crucial part of business intelligence as it analyzes the data and turns them into something that we can understand.
Like analysis, monitoring is also critical. It enables you to watch over the progress of your company in real-time. Hence, you’ll see in an instant if your business is growing or not.
Last is the prediction category. This tool gives an insight of what will happen in the future. It’s a psychic medium for businesses. The only difference is that the prediction has a basis.
Business Intelligence Software Products Under Leaders Category
- Actuate BIRT – It’s a flexible, open-source business intelligence software that enables you to build and publish documents against multiple data sources, from the typical business database to an XML data source. With the use of BIRT software, you can include J2EE, Java, and Eclipse in your reports.
- GoodData – It controls the data of almost all kinds of business. IT experts and business users alike can use this software as it provides data governance and self-service data detection. The platform finds a relation between variables, and then prepares it for analysis. The good thing about this software is it provides quick results and ensures that the data is in a secure place.
- IBM Cognos – Information storage, numerous platforms, and extreme dependence on spreadsheets can prevent analysis of data, which hinders improvement of the business. With IBM Cognos, you can get different POVs from numerous perspectives and compare it with the recent data and trends to get a comprehensive view of your business. You just need to click or tap on the data to see the results of the analysis.
- Insightsquared – A successful sales plan lies in understanding the consumer, but for small to medium-scale businesses, building up BI data can be time-consuming and might lead to forgetting the act of selling. With Insightsquared, you don’t have to deal with this work. If you use this software, your business intelligence data will start to build up, resulting in giving fast results and forecasts, as well as increasing sales productivity.
- JasperSoft – It’s a BI software firm that provides numerous ways to do an interactive analysis. The good thing about it is that both IT and non-IT experts can use the program. If you’re a casual user, you simply need to change the filter setting to view the data. If you’re an IT-savvy, you need to create multidimensional and powerful expressions to make changes in the data.
- Pentaho – This software eliminates barriers that hinder your company’s worth, as they prevent your business from getting and using all the information that you received. The software prepares and consolidates data and includes them with the tools that will report, analyze, visualize, and predict the results. This tool ensures that everyone, from leaders to their subordinates, can turn useless information into valuable one.
Comparing Leaders and Other Categories
Now you know how to rank and categorize BI software; let’s discuss the tips for making a business intelligence software comparison. Let’s face it, not all critics who write business intelligence software reviews are users of the product. Some write these pieces of information to assist readers, like you, to choose a software that will help in the development of your business.
So how they were able to compare these products if they’re not users of these items? Simple. These writers compare the leading BI tools to different categories. To explain it further, here are the things that they do for each category.
Leaders vs. High Contenders
High contenders are the leader’s strongest competition. They offer almost the same features and benefits, but it all comes down to how you implement the solution.
To compare leaders from high contenders, don’t focus on the specs and features of the product, rather, concentrate on the operational tasks. Know how fast the analyze data and deliver reports. Moreover, know how much data they can analyze.
If you still can’t compare which product is better, you can use your last resort – reviews. As mentioned earlier, not all reviews were written by real users; however, it would still give you an idea of how the software works.
Leaders vs. Contenders
Contenders can also compete with the leading BI tools, but unlike the first category, you can see that the top BI software has a better edge than other contenders.
To compare contenders from the leading BI products, you can check the features of each brand. If you don’t know the features that you should look for, you can do some research first to find out which features should be present in the software, then ask yourself, “Do I need them for my business?”
You can also compare their prices if you want. However, it should never be your basis as it can lead you to a wrong product.
Leaders vs. Niche
A niche refers to the focused field of a particular product or website. So the question is how can you compare a leader in a niche?
Surely, you’ve heard the saying, “Never compare apples with oranges.” It’s also applicable in this category. When comparing leaders with niches, make sure that they share similar scope. For instance, the purpose of the top business intelligence BI software is to give fast, accurate results. The product you’re comparing with the leading brand should also have the same purpose. It all comes down to how quick and reliable they are when it comes to delivering reports and predictions.
There’s a lot of numerous BI software dedicated to helping the leaders in improving their business. They provide numerous features that will help in growing the production and efficiency of the company. However, not all products are created the same, which is why the rankings and comparisons are there to help.
When ranking BI tools, they consider the review, sentimental, engagement strength of the product. The more visible the brand is, and the more reviews it gets, the higher the ranking. Hence, if you want to make sure that you get a reliable BI software, don’t forget to include the rank of the product.
As for comparisons, it gives you a list of the current BI software on the market. These reviews tell you the purpose of each product, as well as the features of the tools. Sometimes, it tells you the average rating and the number of reviews received for a particular item. These write-ups compare the current items to help consumers choose the right product for their business.
However, if you’re looking for comparisons and reviews of business intelligence software, then you should go to CrowdReviews.com. It is a site that provides a list of BI products and other items that will help in improving your firm. Visit the website and see what consumers have to say about certain products.
Latest posts by John Tovar (see all)
- What Is Catalog Management Software and How It Helps Your Business - January 5, 2017
- What Are the Top Features of the Best Medical Billing Software? - January 4, 2017
- How the Best Hotel Management Software Will Improve Your Business - January 3, 2017