With so much competition out there, businesses owners like you are always on the lookout for ways to get noticed and increase your customer base. An online presence does help but the challenge is often how to get more people to know about you. How can you promote your product or service to create more traffic to both your website and physical location? How can you increase customer loyalty and have more repeat customers?
Efficient Marketing is the solution to this dilemma. Different marketing techniques can promote your product or service. It creates an interest, so consumers will be drawn to do business with you. There are various available techniques that you can use but one stands out as one of the most cost efficient while producing results.
With an effective email marketing campaign, you can get the interest and the business you need to increase profits. But before you start looking around for the top email marketing tools, it is essential that you understand the ins and outs of this marketing strategy.
Email Marketing Explained
According to techopedia.com, email marketing can be defined as the modern and electronic version of direct mail marketing. In both of these strategies, customers are contacted directly for marketing purposes. Years ago, if a company wanted to let people know about their products and services, they printed out brochures or pamphlets and sent them out by email. With email marketing, businesses use a list of email addresses of potential or existing customers to create more revenue rather than sending out printed out materials.
Email marketing can be any of the following styles or tactics,
- Sending emails on a regular basis to current customers to build a stronger relationship. These are often either reminders to purchase or invitations to take part in an exclusive promotion reserved for select loyal consumers. These emails could be newsletters to provide updates to customers or coupons that can be used for future purchases.
- Sending emails that encourage new customers to purchase a product or hire a service. This is often based on information about the individual’s shopping habits gathered from third party survey companies.
- Promotional ads that appear as banners embedded in emails sent by other people or companies.
Email addresses are collected in different ways. Online, consumers are often asked for their email addresses when they visit a website. These requests often appear in pop up boxes or landing pages and encourage the individual to agree to receive emails. The requests are accompanied by enticing messages such as future discounts or special promotions for registered emails. Customers can choose to be part of the list or to opt out.
At physical locations, customers are asked if they wish to receive emails so that they can be informed of exclusive store discounts or other special promotions. If they agree, then their emails are collected to be part of the business’ list.
Email addresses can also be sourced by using email marketing services. This gives your company the contacts or leads needed to make the campaign more profitable as well as the best strategies to use. The benefits of using email marketing tools for your business will be discussed further later in this article.
Email marketing allows you to maximize your marketing budget as it is low cost to run with a considerable ROI if done properly. Unlike direct mail marketing, this strategy does not require expensive printed out brochures and postage costs. With well thought out content, promotional emails can be sent out virtually free.
With over 2.6 billion email users worldwide, using an email marketing strategy can be quite beneficial to businesses in practically any industry. You too can enjoy the benefits this technique reaps with efficient email marketing tools.
Email Marketing and Your Business
As a business owner, your goal is to be able to increase profits. So, how will running an email marketing campaign impact your company’s financial goal?
- Makes your business more visible to customers – Email marketing allows your brand to be more recognizable. Your logo along with your tagline and brand colors that are often used as part of your template increases awareness of your company. Consumers that you have not done a lot of business with become more acquainted with your brand. Whether you are a start up or an established business, consumer awareness will always be on top of your list. The more people who know about you, the bigger the chances of getting new customers.
- Helps you manage your marketing budget more efficiently – You will be able to save dollars with the less expensive email marketing campaign. This will help you spend more money on your customers. When coupons are emailed rather than printed out, the budget on redeeming these can be increased. This is because you no longer need to factor in the cost of physical coupons printed out and mailed.
In addition, email marketing is much easier to track so you can quickly see which campaigns are working and which are not.
- Educate your customers faster – Although there have been a lot of improvement with regular postage, it can still take a while for anything you mail out to reach your customers. If you have a sale, some of your customers might not receive the notification in time to be able to come in and take advantage of the discounted prices. This means less revenue for you as the customers are not there to make the purchase. With email marketing templates that you can quickly customize and send out, your customers will always be informed. This will certainly benefit you as they will bring in the money when they go shopping.
- Increase your customer base – Getting new customers can be a challenge, especially with a lot of other companies vying for their business. By sending out emails, you will be able to reach more consumers and widen your market. A bigger market means an increase in possible traffic and increased revenue.
- Build credibility with your target market – With informed and quality email marketing such as newsletters, you can improve your relationship with your prospects. They gain more confidence in your expertise and are encouraged to do business with you.
Email Marketing Tips to Improve Profit
The success of an email marketing campaign depends on a lot of different factors. These can determine whether it’s a worthwhile investment or an expenditure you can do without. If you’re still wondering how many people you can reach by choosing to market your brand through email then consider these numbers,
- 91% of email users check their inbox on a daily basis
- 77% of consumers who agree to getting contacted by companies choose to receive marketing information through email
The numbers are in your favor, if you find the right way to maximize the results. When planning your strategy, it would be helpful to keep the following email marketing tips in mind.
Tip#1 – Use a Dependable Email Marketing Service
With such a high demand on this marketing technique, there are quite a lot of services to choose from. Whichever you choose will spell the difference between success and failure. Take time to read email marketing tool reviews so you can determine which one has the features you can benefit from the most. It would be ideal to find out what other business owners have to say before you sign up for any email marketing services.
Some of the things you need to look for are whether you can easily create templates or edit graphics without too much fuss or technical know-how. These will be essential so you can efficiently customize what you will be sending out to your customers and prospects. With the right messages sent, your customers will be more confident to spend their money on your products or services.
Tip#2 – Stand Out from the Other Emails
There will certainly be other companies vying for the customer’s attention and you wouldn’t want to be outshone. The customer’s inbox will be crowded with other emails and you want the customer’s attention going to yours first. So, how exactly do you so that? According to Carol Beesley, one of the leading contributors in the US Small Business Administration website, the best way to make your email stand out is to give it a WIIFM subject. WIIFM stands for What’s- In- It- for- Me. This is a question that every consumer asks when they see an email from a company that wishes to do business with them. So you can skip the jargon and jump straight to what your customer’s will get when they open your email.
In addition, choosing an intriguing subject that cites the benefits the customers will get can also increase the chances of your email getting noticed first. You may want to shy away from old fashioned marketing lines that tend to promise more than what the content can deliver. The ultimate goal in standing out is so that customers can see what you have to offer so that they choose to do business with you rather than anybody else.
Tip#3 – Engage the Customers
Doing business, whether it’s done face to face or through email will be more effective if you add a personal touch. Consumers nowadays react more positively when they are made to feel special. While templates are certainly effective, you can occasionally reply with a more personalized response. This makes the recipient less like a number on your marketing statistics and more like a valued customer. And you can guarantee more business from people who feel they are well taken care of.
Tip#4 – Design Your Content to Sell
Writing the content of your email is a crucial part in ensuring your marketing campaign’s success. You want to entice your customer to do business with you and not turn them away by sounding too pushy or too much of a sales person. So, how do you do this?
- Sound confident but not too brash. While claiming to be the “best” may boost your ego and perhaps encourage some customers, most consumers want to be able to make that decision on their own. So, talk about the quality you deliver and give them a glimpse of what you have to offer through graphics and numbers
- Keep it short and simple. You want to get your customers excited over what you have in store for them. A long and wordy explanation might result in customers losing interest before they get to the meat of your email.
As a business owner, your goal is to keep your customers happy while enjoying a profit. Start enjoying the benefits of an efficient email marketing campaign by checking out the list of the best email marketing services available at CrowdReviews.com
Latest posts by Jeev Trika (see all)
- 5 Reasons to Use Compliance Software for Business Management - November 25, 2016
- How to Find Reliable Reviews of Video Conferencing Software - November 24, 2016
- Why You Must Read Best Business Intelligence Software Reviews - November 23, 2016