When you search for something on Google, you`ll see 2 types of results on the page. The first type is paid AdWords ads, which can appear on the top or at the bottom of the Google search results page. AdWords determines the order and position of these ads, depending on several factors. Everything else that you are seeing on the page is called organic search results. These are unpaid links to websites with content related directly to what the person is searching for. The more relevant the site is to the search term, the higher the link will appear in the list.
Advertising online with AdWords can help you to reach the right customers, at the right moment and all within the budget you choose. So what are the benefits of this type of advertising? Every business can set up and use AdWords. This gives you the ability to reach potential customers at the moment they are searching for what you`re offering. Also, this program will tell you how many people saw and click your ad. How much will you spend? That`s up to you. You can set up an average daily budget and you can change that budget at any time.
You have already decided to do AdWords advertising? But how do you know if your website is designed to encourage people to do business with you? Here are some basic website design tips to help turn visitors into actual customers:
Provide relevant and useful content
Make your site easy to navigate
Offer transparency and build trust
Your business also needs a strong online presence beyond just your website. Take advantage of free social media sites and create free Google My Business account.
The online advertising has its own language. These are the most used and popular terms that you should know:
1. You can have two, three or more ads. Each collection of ads makes up an ad group
2. Two or three ad groups make up a campaign
3. When you are assigning words and phrases to the ads that are relevant to your business, you are using keywords. They are very important.
4. Search term is the phrase that you write on google.com
5. There are two types of search results: organic and paid results
6. Two main factors determine the outcome: how much an advertiser is willing to pay for a click, which is a bid and something called quality score, which estimates how relevant and useful are your ad and the page on your website. Together bid and quality score determine where and if your ad appears on the search results page.
7. Bids and budget are different. Your bids affect how much you`ll spend each time someone clicks on your ad. Your budget affects how much you`ll spend each day on your entire campaign.
8. When an ad appears on the search results page, it is called impression
9. Ad extensions are pieces of information you can add on your ad, like a phone number or call to action, more links to specific pages on your site or your business location.
When you advertise with AdWords, you`re making a financial investment for your business. Every good investment takes a little time to show returns. It`s also important to invest your time into this. If you don`t have time or you don`t know how to advertise online, hire a Google Partner to manage your AdWords account for you. These partners are agencies, marketing professionals and online experts who have been certificated by Google to manage AdWords accounts.
Latest posts by webski solutions (see all)
- Google AdWords – The Most Used terms you should know - August 17, 2016