Nowadays, availability of new technologies has made a lot of people’s lives easier as they go about their day to day activities. New innovative tools were developed in order to improve life quality and provide convenience to the many. One of these developments is video conferencing. An online video conferencing software has been used by many organizations and individuals because of the ease of communication it provides. People at work, school or even on the go can have a video conference tool at their computers or mobile gadgets, so long as they have access to the internet.
Dig deeper and know more about video conferencing. At the end of this article you will learn about the basic facts of online video conferencing and its most common advantage and disadvantages. Moreover, you will gain tips on how to select the top online video conferencing software that fits your needs.
What is Video Conferencing?
The article Video Conference – SearchUnifiedCommunications.TechTarget.com defined video conference or video conferencing as a live visual communication between two or more participants from separate locations. A video conferencing software enables the transmission of video images and audio across two or more different locations over the internet. There are three main types of video conferencing based on the article Video Conferencing Made Easy – LifeSize.com:
- Point-to-point – also referred to as single calls is a communication between two participants in varying locations.
- Multipoint – a video conference that involves two or more participants in varying or similar locations. This is mainly directed to people in a company, organizations or groups having meetings and conferences through a video conferencing tool with the access to the internet.
- Streaming – this pertains to a video conference being connected to another facility that wants to view it. Streaming can be done on any video infrastructure as long as it has access to the web and has installed online video conferencing software on it.
Video Conferencing Software Uses
Video conferencing was developed to enhance everyone’s experiences. Whether they use it for work or for personal matters, the convenience it gives is undeniably beneficial to every user. Although nothing really beats personal interaction, it eliminates various barriers that hinder someone to communicate with the others. For further elaboration, here are six of the most common uses of video conferencing applications:
- Online education – this is probably one of the most common reasons why a lot of people invest in video conferencing. Online lessons have become more and more popular nowadays due to the ease of communication provided by the technology. People who want to learn another language, study other nation’s culture or even professionals who want to pursue higher education can now do those things at the comfort of their own home through video conferencing. Online educators also benefit a lot from this medium because it helps them earn a living. Through this, educators and learners no longer have to travel in order to exchange ideas and education.
- Meetings with colleagues overseas – for businesses and organizations that have colleagues and partnerships abroad, meetings and conferences are always essential. Before video conferencing was developed, businessmen had to travel regularly to attend meetings with partners in another region or country. But now, they need not to do it anymore. Meetings and conferences can now be held with just a few clicks with anyone, anywhere and anytime via a computer or any mobile device.
- Interviews – there are so many reasons why people have to have interviews. More often, people have to travel to attend it. But today, they can have it at their own living space so long as they have a computer that have access to the internet. Companies, organizations and the media also gain benefit from video conferencing. It makes their job quicker and more convenient. The good thing about video conference interview is both the interviewee and interviewer can record the call and stream it back for the purpose of reference.
- Recruitment – it is also aimed at both employers and job hunters. Thanks to technology, searching for a job has become a whole lot easier. Today, companies post job vacancies online through social media, blogs and other web pages and simply wait for emails or calls from the job seekers. Afterwards, they only need to set up a date and time for when to do the screening process. Through video conferencing, job hunters and employers no longer need to meet each other on a four-corner room to conduct the recruitment process as they can already do it behind each computer screens. It allows both parties to save time and avoid the hassle of having to travel.
- Training – it has also become the core tool for deploying employee training programs among companies. Being able to integrate a video training to remote locations is a lot more convenient than having to make people travel. Training via online video conferencing software also gives significant travel savings to companies.
- Personal use – and of course, it is also for personal use. A lot of people use video conferencing apps on their devices to communicate with friends, family or anyone. This is somehow the closest to personal interaction because participants are able to see each other face-to-face. For people working or studying abroad, it allows them to keep in touch with their friends and family whilst they are in another side of the world.
Video conferencing indeed has a lot of uses. Not only for making everyday errands a lot more convenient and efficient but also for keeping people’s relationships stronger through constant and easy means of communication. Get the best out of easy communication by choosing one from the list of the Top Online Video Conferencing Software from CrowdReviews.com.
The Benefits of Video Conferencing
- Time saving – It allows users to save time due to its ease of access. Just few clicks and you are good to go. It also helps you save time because you can easily conduct video calls whenever and wherever, as long as you have access to the internet. Online video conferencing is well renowned all over the globe because it promotes quick and easy way of communication.
- Travel saving – with video conferencing, users may conduct calls anywhere with anyone at any time. Therefore, eliminating the need for travel. Companies and organizations benefit a lot with video conferencing. Before, in order to attend to regular meetings, companies need to allocate budget for travel. Nowadays, travel cost is massively reduced due to video conferencing.
- International communication – one of the biggest advantages of video conferencing is international communication. People can now easily communicate with anyone in the globe through online video conferencing software installed on their devices. This is great because it makes communication possible even if participants are miles and oceans apart. It is also beneficial for those people who’s working abroad to have constant communication with family and friends.
- Effective learning – as mentioned earlier, this is also widely used for online education. People from different countries can learn something at the comfort of their own homes. It is also a great help for busy professionals, who aims to keep on studying, or for students, who are busy enough to go to another school for learning other stuff.
- Increase productivity – due to the fact that video conferencing reduces the need for travel, people will have the freedom to do more important stuff. The same goes through businesses, when meetings and conferences are done digitally, employees will save time and therefore be able to do more work. Productivity is essential to business. It is one of the major keys for achieving success.
- Keeping in touch – and lastly, one of the most important purposes is keeping in touch with people. Distance and other communication barriers are diminished through this medium. People will be able to communicate with their loved ones through a convenient tool. Although nothing beats personal interaction, being able to talk with someone face-to-face behind a screen is still the best alternative.
Communication is considered as one of the people’s major necessity. Therefore it is only right to invest in something that would make it easier and convenient. An online video conferencing software is an excellent tool for so many communication purposes. The advantages mentioned earlier are only examples of the many which will take pages to mention. Many people have already heard about it but never really understood its main purpose. Hopefully this article answered some of your questions. If you are after a tool that will help you reach people in a form closest to the personal way, video conferencing is the answer at hand.
You might be looking for a reliable video conferencing program to use. Check out these reviews of online video conferencing software from CrowdReviews.com to get genuine feedbacks and help you choose the one.
Latest posts by Floyd Oleary (see all)
- Applicant Tracking Software: What to Look for When Buying This Tool - January 13, 2017
- Legal Case Management Software: What Products Are for Small Firms? - January 12, 2017
- Learn How Auto Dealer Software Manages Inventory and Financing - January 11, 2017