If you are ignoring the fast rise of live chat technology and still depending on the conventional methods like email, phone calls, and forms, the consequences are many. Doing so, may not only reduce the credibility of your website or web app but also adversely affect the customer satisfaction level.
Live chat feature is so potent that it may increase your conversions by 20%. More than half the customers (at least) actually want that the website, from which they are shopping, should have this feature – enabled, working, fast and friendly.
You may relate it to the human tendency, due to which we expect that our queries should be resolved immediately once they are sent to any support team. Out of many aspects – 5 signs, which show that your support team is incomplete without Live Chat software:
1. Your Customers Want it.
Customers really want you to incorporate a good live chatting system because –
- They want every doubt to be resolved immediately.
- They want the status of their order to be traced at a lightning-fast speed (and that by the support respondent as they still rely more on a human).
- They may have queries about your services or products.
- They don’t have enough time to wait for your call or e-mail response.
- They have many options: your competitors. It will impress them if you resolve their queries quickly!
- They, sometimes, aren’t able to find what they are looking for (or sometimes they are confused about what they actually want.
- They want the purchase to happen fast (and hopefully, you too).
Matter of the fact is – every serious customer can relate to at least one point out of many, listed above. So, 100% of your buyers are willing that you should have good Live Chat Support software.
Converting these keen buyers to loyal customers needs you to add a system which allows instant communication. And hence, a Live Chat system is one such requisite, you just can’t disregard in such scenario.
2. When the Leads aren’t Converting
There are times when you may receive/process too many emails and bulk phone calls to inquire but the actual conversion rate is unbelievably low. Can you think of the right reason for that?
In case of phone calls:
A successful conversion needs 5 follow-up calls on an average. However, mostly your sales representative stops at 2. Also, it needs quiet space, good signal strength and most importantly – your customer should have the time to talk whenever you call. The case itself is unrealistic and hence results in low conversions.
In Case of e-mails:
Undoubtedly, emails are still amazing at converting but the problem arises when you start receiving clients’ reverts in bulk. The inability to instantly revert and the communication gap which comes along reduce the chances of purchases immediately (unless you are an omnipresent).
Note: Most of the purchase ideas are dumped when customers’ question/request is heard with a slight delay.
3. You want to apply ‘Cost-cutting’ but increase the Customers
Once you have started hiring sales and support representatives, who are calling the customers or sending emails – the budget needs a significant hike. These associated service costs will keep on increasing. However, the productivity will keep on decreasing because more and more customers will start seeking for quick support from you.
In case of Live Chat Software, the limitation – one representative can handle one client at a time – ends. A single chat operator, though, can handle multiple session at the same time. So, the overall experience will enhance for the users despite the fact that lesser people and lesser resources are involved in the interaction.
The cost is lowest for deploying chatting software if you compare multiple sales funnels (as low as one-third of phone calls).
4. When You Lack Customer Insights (and coping with bad decision-making system)
Live chat software tools are great at providing immediate assistance to your customers, while quickly making the sales happen for you. But there is something else they can do for you. That’s gathering the analytics data and that with perfection. Most of the businesses combat bad decision-making because they don’t actually know about their audience.
Through a Live Chat system, you will be able to stand out the crowd. You will have all the valuable insights about your customers, such as –
- From where they have arrived at your website i.e. referral medium.
- The operating system and the device they are using: It will help you understand which technology which can foster the best customer experience.
- Time, they have stayed on your website.
- Number of people, visiting your website and the number of chats initiated.
- The Chat summary will give you quick insights about what they want, what are the complaints, etc.
- The location of your customers: Helps enhance the marketing efforts according to location.
With such insights, you can obviously do a lot better than what you are doing currently.
5. You want to appear more like ‘human’ and willing for a long-term relationship with buyers
Every human finds ‘live chat’ a better option over other mediums of communication. Chatting can be done from anywhere and at anytime, even when you are eating. Another advantage is – you get more time to impress your customer than you may have got during a telephonic interaction or through any other medium. Such facts help build better customer relationships for long-term.
Besides having a good live chat software, you will need to employ a good team (specifically – who can act non-robotic while talking) and stay available for your customers 24/7. By doing this, the live chats can boost your revenue as much as thrice of the current. Give it a try and don’t forget to tell us how it worked for you.
Latest posts by BhaveshK (see all)
- 5 Signs Your Support Needs A Live Chat Software - August 18, 2017
- Types of Asset Management Software For Your Business You Should Know - July 18, 2017
- Virtual Phone System For Business: Why It Makes Sense? - July 7, 2017