In today’s ever-changing technological business world, sales force automation software is becoming more and more popular and important. It automates time-consuming and repetitive manual tasks to save time and focus on other sales areas. If you’re still unsure if you need sales force automation in your business, this article will let you know why it’s necessary to get one now.
What Is Sales Force Automation?
The technique where you use software to automate your sales tasks is the most commonly used sales force automation software definition. It automates sales tasks for sales leads, sales team evaluation and performance, customer sales tracking, process management, account management, contact management, and a lot more.
What Are the Benefits of Sales Force Automation?
There are many benefits of sales force automation software. This includes the following:
- Closing More Sales Opportunities. This is the most vital asset for your business. The more sales opportunities you close, the more profits. This also helps your sales team connect with the right people.
- Analyzing Market Trends. By using current and previous customer data, the software can pinpoint any new customer shifts and behavior in terms of their customer spending. You’ll be able to identify your customer’s needs and wants.
- You’ll Never Have To Worry About Lost Opportunities. It gives notifications about possible opportunities. You’ll be able to schedule any appointments, and a feature where you can create tasks with alerts can be added. You wouldn’t have to worry about lost or missed opportunities, and you can focus on your other sales tasks.
- Providing a Detailed and Precise Forecasting of Your Revenue. The software collects data and analyzes it to provide an accurate forecast of your sales.
- Determining What Sales Methods Does Not Work and Provides Recommendations. It prevents any inefficient methods to continue and lets you know the steps to be done to be more efficient.
Sales force automation provides real time data of your customer interactions and collaborates the sales and marketing teams. It also streamlines information and gives a sales forecast to help in your current and future campaigns. Sales force automation software companies should have 8 basic features, which are the following:
- Account Management
- Order Management
- Customer Management
- Opportunity Management
- Contact Management
- Inventory Management
- Sales Forecast and Analysis
- Team Performance Evaluation
What Are the Disadvantages and Advantages of the Software?
Advantages of sales force includes the following:
- Boosts Productivity
- Provides Accurate and Real-time Information About Sales Reports
- Manages and Organizes Customer Data
- Utilizes Sales Resources
- Gives a Competitive Advantage Among Competitors When it Comes to Revenue, Market Share and Cost
- Increases Customer Service Satisfaction by Providing Customized Content in a Fast and Efficient Manner
- Reduces Time To Do Repetitive Tasks and Easier To Prepare Reports
- Provides Accurate Sales Forecasts
- Utilizes Time by Creating and Managing Schedules.
Disadvantages of sales force includes the following:
- Complex and Complicated Software
- The Personalized Style May Be Removed
- Setting Up the Rules and Tasks May Also Be Time-consuming
- Inability To Integrate the Software With Other Current Software
- High Costs When Purchasing, Monthly Fees (if applicable), and Maintenance Costs
- Upgrades and Updates of the Software
How Would You Know if Your Sales Force Automation Works?
You would know if your sales force automation works when you are able to do three key things:
- Making Plans for Sales Campaigns To Attract Customers. Start advertising your products and services. Find out what locations have high possibility that many people would purchase your products and how many competition you have. Set your business goals and objectives to help you stay on track.
- Getting Potential Customers and Turn Them Into Actual Ones That Make a Purchase. Begin by researching on your target market. Collect demographics from them and develop strategies to attract them to your company. Analyze your customers and build a personal connection with them.
- Keeping Customers. Once you have actual customers, keep them informed about what’s happening to your company. Know what they need and if it’s possible, provide it to them. Be open to suggestions and continue to have personalized customer relations with them.
The good thing about sales force automation is that it can be personalized and customized depending on your business needs. You can check out the top sales force automation tools from CrowdReviews.com and try one of the software.
The question is what do you need to automate to be successful in your business? What do you focus on? The next thing we’re going to talk about are the five reasons why you need to automate your sales force in your business.
1st Reason: It Can Automate Reports.
As part of the sales team, you have many things to do. If you are able to do something else aside from spending a lot of time in front of the computer browsing through hundreds of data sources, compiling and updating it to create reports, you’ll want to automate your reports. No more manual data pulling, manual screenshots of charts, graphs, and a lot more.
2nd reason: It Can Automate Your Schedule/Calendar Process.
Sales force people are very busy people. They have a lot of people to meet, things to do, calls to make, and appointments and meetings to go through. You’ll be able to create custom booking meetings and ensure that every scheduled appointment or meeting you set up is being completed. You’ll be notified every time an upcoming task or appointment is near.
Each sales force automation has its own way of calendar management. Some may also not offer it. If you want to learn more about this feature, read CrowdReviews.com’s sales force automation tool reviews.
3rd Reason: It Can Automate Your Lead Prioritization.
Sales teams find leads and determine which ones are possible and qualified leads. Not all leads can lead to a purchase of the company’s products or services. There are many behaviors and factors that can lead to which stage a lead can be. It’s vital to know what stage they are to either provide them follow-ups or guide them through the sales process.
Sales force automation tools can follow a lead scoring system depending on the criteria you set. This will help you determine and ensure that you are able to focus on the lead as much as possible.
4th Reason: It Can Automate Your Possible Lead Distribution.
The software can distribute your leads evenly to all members of the team. More often than not, using one of the top sales force automation tools has a feature that you can set specific boundaries to your leads and give them to your team members.
5th Reason: It Can Automate Your Tasks and Record Creation.
Sales teams can save time if they don’t need to manually fill in customer information and create sales opportunities or any admin work. Using sales force automation system can help you do the following:
- Create tasks to inform customers when their contract is about to expire
- Create tasks when a possible lead was able to go to the pricing page of your website
- Create deals when a user fills out surveys or forms in your website
- Create and compiles customer demographic and other customer data into the system
Some businesses also need to automate their sales warehouse to track down the products or items that have been purchased or used. All of the items or resources are in a centralized data center that can easily be tracked so that sales members know if they have the item in stock or not.
Additionally, other tasks that you can automate are the following:
- Automating Emails. The ability to draft or produce email templates can help sales team save email time in half. You can also use semi-personalized messages to still have the “feel” of customer added value to it.
- Automating Call Logging. Every call, whether inbound or outbound, should be recorded automatically for accurate data filing.
- Automating Call Scripts and Other Talking Points. If a sales member is new, they might not be able to memorize or know all of your products and services you offer. By automating call scripts when calling customers, they’ll be able to answer any questions they might have with the product.
Basically, automating your sales force will let you become more organized. You’ll be able to create accurate and customized reports, impress upper management with up-to-date data, help you save time to do other things, and lessen manual errors.
A successful sales force should know what to do in their tasks. They should have the knowledge and train the right people to be able to get results. You also should use all the available resources to speed up your sales process and lessen the time spent on manual tasks. This is the reason why using sales force automation tools is a must for businesses today.
Are you ready to start with your sales force automation for your small business? If you are, read CrowdReviews.com’s sales force automation tool reviews and get started today.
Latest posts by Keith Moore (see all)
- What Is the Best PoS Software and How to Choose It? - January 12, 2017
- What Does Database Management Software Do for Small Businesses? - January 9, 2017
- What Are the Distinct Features of the Top App Development Software? - January 8, 2017